The Schaffer Replica® 'TSR' - Classic
Shipping from Belgium (within EU, VAT included in the price)
The Schaffer Replica (TSR) "Classic" is our original pedal version of The Schaffer Replica "Gold Tag" Tower, predecessor to the perfected EX Tower. This companding boost is housed in a rugged enclosure that perfectly complements the vintage audio mojo inside.
The TSR features much of the same 100% analog signal path as our EX Tower that has quite literally rocked the guitar industry. It perfectly captures our signature “Schaffer Sound” voicing and offers three interactive circuits capable of generating a plethora of tones for every guitar configuration and genre of music.
The 12vDC-15vDC powered TSR "Classic" pedal offers slightly stronger midrange than the 9vDC Storm, which some SoloDallas users have come to prefer. This rugged two knob unit is over-engineered to withstand the rigors of heavy gigging.
- INPUT knob controls our signature gain circuit that bumps the crucial low-mid frequencies responsible for giving live instruments punch and making them stand out in the mix (think Angus Young guitar tone).
- OUTPUT knob controls a powerful pre-amp capable of delivering a whopping 30db of clean boost. This analog boost is perfect for making lead parts stand out, adding fullness to the signal going into the front end of a clean amplifier or pushing it into oblivion!
COMPANDER is based on a key feature in the original SVDS unit. Technically two effects, Ken Schaffer’s signature compander circuit features his version of the gold standard “soft knee” compression used by major studio engineers worldwide. This discreet analog compressor levels the output of each individual frequency then feeds them into a studio grade expander which restores amplitude and removes unnatural compression artifacts. Companding also tames transients while accentuating harmonics to produce the sonic richness associated with “The Schaffer Sound”.
- 100% Analog Circuitry
- High quality PCB with gold plated contacts
- Heavy Duty Footswitch
- Red LEDs indicate POWER and when BOOST is engaged
- Neutrik Jacks
- Power Requirements: 12vDC or 15vDC Center Positive Power Supply (not included)
- Enclosure Dimensions: 4.39" D x 2.34" W x 1.06" H
- Made in USA
Emphatic users of SoloDallas pedals include legendary guitarists Keith Urban, Keith Richards, Ron Wood, Chris Stein, Doug Aldrich, Richard Fortus (GnR), Scott Metzger, Isaiah Sharkey, Joe Bonamassa, Coco Montoya, Boris Grebenshikov, Billie Joe Armstrong and Angus Young. Iconic bassists include Pino Palladino, Sting, Rudy Sarzo. Keyboard master Derek Sherinian swears by it on organs and synths too.