The Schaffer Replica® - Solo X
Shipping from Belgium (within EU)
The Schaffer Boost - Solo-X is the all-analog boost and equalization expansion circuit from the famed Schaffer-Vega Diversity System wireless used by David Gilmour, Angus Young, Eddie Van Halen, Joe Perry and an endless list of rock gods throughout the 70s and 80s. This unique boost faithfully reproduces the signature "Schaffer Sound" associated with some of the best guitar tones ever produced.
The Solo-X is basically the Storm pedal with only the most essential feature: The Iconic Schaffer Replica sound! The input control (found on the Storm) is internally pre-set on this pedal, and the optical limiter is removed. The Solo-X is left with only the pure boost and same sound of the Schaffer Replica Tower, in a small and easy to use form factor and with an competitive price.
The Solo-X also has an internally adjustable trimmer to pre-set the maximum output boost, so if the pedal is too powerful for you, you can dial back this trimmer to enjoy a wider range on the output boost control.
- BOOST knob controls our vintage boost circuit capable of generating a whopping +30 db. This analog boost is perfect for making lead parts stand out, adding fullness to the signal going into the front end of your amplifier, or pushing it into oblivion! The pedal has an internal adjustable trimpot that can pre-set the maximum boost of the pedal, so you have more range on the output Boost knob when you don't need the huge amount of clean boost.
- EQUALIZATION EXPANDER increases the far ends of the guitar's frequency spectrum to produce scooped clarity without sacrificing precious mids. The extended low end bumps crucial low-mid frequencies responsible for giving live instruments punch and making them stand out in the mix. The accentuated treble frequencies on the other end of the spectrum accentuate 2nd and 3rd order harmonics to produce the airy presence often associated with the “Schaffer Sound”.
- 100% Analog Circuitry
- Premium Grade Gold Plated Circuit Board
- High Quality True-Bypass Switch
- Blue LED
- Neutrik Jacks
- Power Requirements: 9-12vDC Center Negative Power Supply (no battery)
- Enclosure Dimensions: 4.69” D x 2.52” W x 1.57” H
- Internal Adjustable Trimpot for pre-setting max. amount of output boost
Emphatic users of SoloDallas effects include legendary guitarists Keith Urban, John Mayer, Joe Perry, Keith Richards, Ron Wood, Steve Stevens, Doug Aldrich, Richard Fortus (GnR), Scott Metzger, Isaiah Sharkey, Chris Stein, Joe Bonamassa, Coco Montoya, Billie Joe Armstrong and Angus Young. Iconic bassists include Pino Palladino, Sting, Rudy Sarzo. Keyboard master Derek Sherinian swears by it on organs and synths too.